After a brief hiatus to finish up my translation work, I'm back... to celebrate my return here's ten things (in no particular order) which made this mother smile in February and the beginning of March:
1. Gabriel is now sans leg casts (although he is sporting some spiffy orthopedic shoes for a while) and his feet and legs look much straighter, perfect for all the standing and walking(!) he's doing while hanging onto our hands.
2. Yummy homemade Italian bread made by Michael, our baker-in-residence extraordinaire.
3. SIX snow days in a row = SIX days of Michael being home to play with Gabriel and I.
4. A surprise trip to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, engineered by Michael. We had lunch there and I got to take some quiet time to pray while he played with Gabriel. Thanks, Daddy! :)
5. A new "day-plan" that is helping me order my days here at home... more on this as I get at least a few weeks into it!
6. A sunny 60-degree Friday that allowed baby G and I to head to the park for a walk, where we made friends with a nice Korean woman and her little dog. Gabriel got to pet (and shriek gleefully at) a doggie for the first time, and I think I helped make this particular lady feel a little bit less lonely for a little while.
7. Finding out Fr. Hudgins, our Parochial Vicar, has a website with all of his homilies online! They're really enthusiastic and inspirational... Check them out if you get a chance.
8. Several weekday lunch dates with family...it's nice to be close enough for spontaneous get-togethers.
9. Gabriel smacking his lips like a toothless old man (although he does have one sharp little tooth now) and going "buh buh buh buh..."
10. A Prarie Home Companion and the Thistle & Shamrock Show on NPR.